Bath Salt & Bathing FAQ
Is bathing better than taking a shower?
A relaxing bath can do much more than help you unwind.
- Soaking in a bathtub is an easy way to treat large areas of skin. A bath, depending on the water temperature, can be used to help relieve itching, hives, dry or crusty skin, inflamed or chafed skin, and poison ivy or oak.
- A warm bath may help you relax if you're anxious or tense. The drop in body temperature after the bath may help those who can't sleep.
- Being in water takes the weight off joints and muscles. This may ease the pain and soreness of arthritis or non-acute sports injuries.
- A bath may reduce the pain of inflammation, menstrual cramps, or minor burns. It may also soothe tired feet.
- Sitting in a warm tub may be helpful in healing hemorrhoids and certain rectal problems.
- During childbirth, a bath may ease labor pain, but this is not appropriate for all women, depending on the history and stage of labor. Afterwards, a bath may be part of episiotomy care and childbirth recovery.
- Warm water can help ease muscle spasms.
Are there any safety precautions I should take with a sea salt bath?
Extended baths are not for everyone. Ask your doctor whether bath therapy is right for you, particularly if you have a circulation problem, a skin condition, are pregnant, or have an implanted medical device. Follow basic safety measures, too.
- Use a bath mat so the tub is not slippery.
- Avoid using bubble bath, especially if you have frequent urinary tract infections.
- Use warm or cool water, depending on your condition. Never use water that is too hot. Hot water can cause burns and worsen itching. Pregnant women should not bathe in hot water.
- Don't soak for more than 30 minutes per day. Bathing more often can irritate skin.
- Keep the bathroom warm to minimize temperature change.
- Make sure you are hydrated before the bath.
- After the bath, blot your skin with a towel; don't rub.
What is the difference between your dead sea salt and Dead Sea salt mix?
The difference in these two salts is the composition of the salts included. Our dead sea salt is 100% pure dead sea salt that is not mixed with any other kinds of salts. Our dead sea salt mix is a 50/50 mix of 100% dead sea salt and Mediterranean sea salt.
Why should I use a Dead Sea salt scrub and what are the benefits?
All of us at some point in our lives must have wished for naturally healthy and glowing skin. Some are blessed with naturally beautiful skin whereas others have to work hard to achieve it. Beauty treatments need not always mean rushing to the beauty parlor or going in for surgeries! You can even use a homemade beauty routine for healthy and glowing skin. Cleansing, toning, moisturizing and exfoliating are the basics to beautiful skin. Today, luxurious brands are giving each other stiff competition as far as beauty products are concerned. The brighter side about beauty treatments is that you don't always have to spend lavishly on products that ultimately contain a whole load of chemicals. Homemade beauty treatments can work wonders for your skin as well. A surefire way to exfoliating your skin is the use of salt scrubs. Well, there are many benefits to using salt scrubs and these can truly restore the natural glow of your skin within a few weeks.
Benefits of using Salt Scrubs:
- Scrubs are basically used to remove the dead skin, which is achieved because of the gentle exfoliation that is caused by the ingredients used in the scrubs. It is their rough texture that helps to remove the dead skin and renew it, causing it to look more youthful.
- Using a salt scrub helps to remove the toxins that block the pores of the skin.
- Homemade salt scrubs are extremely beneficial as compared to products sold over the counter due to the absence of certain chemicals.
- Sea Salt scrubs even help to facilitate the blood circulation. This causes a natural glow.
- The exfoliating process caused by the salt scrubs also helps the skin breathe freely.
- This is beneficial for all types of skin.
Is it safe to take hot baths while I'm pregnant?
Yes, as long as the water temperature isn't over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. If you have to ease your foot into the tub, it's too hot. If you're comfortable getting into the water, the temperature is close to your own body temperature, which is where you want it. Anything hotter can damage your baby's developing cells, and though you can cool off by sweating, your baby can't. It's also fine to use bath oils or bubble bath – your cervix is closed, so there's no danger of these products reaching your baby.
Customer Service FAQ
I just ordered from your online store. When can I expect my items to ship?
Once your item is ordered we send it to one of our three warehouse for fulfillment. You order will usually ship in 24-48 hours. If it takes longer than this for some reason we will contact you to let you know when your item will leave our location. 99% of orders ship within 24 hours.
What type of shipping do you use and how long does it take?
Our main delivery courier is The United States Post Office using there priority mail service. Once your order ships it should take 2-3 days to get to your location in the United States.
Do you have wholesale pricing?
We have a tiered wholesale pricing structure. The prices on our website for bulk products such as bath salts and scrubs are at tier level 1 for wholesale pricing. The next tier with a 10% discount starts at 500 pounds of product. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about larger bulk ordering.
Do you do private labeling?
We do offer private labeling on our bulk spa products and our Zenzei Skincare retail products. For more information on this service please feel free to contact us.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Currently we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express, Paypal, and Google Checkout as forms of payment. If you have a problem making a purchase through any of these methods please feel free to contact us and we will help you with your order.
Is your online shopping cart secure for my credit card purchase?
Our payment system has 128 bit encryption (SSL which is the world standard for payment transactions encryption) and secure servers which enables you to make your payment with complete confidence.
Your credit card information is not processed through or stored on Midwest Bath Salt Comapany servers, and no information is ever released to a third party. Midwest Bath Salt Company reserves the right to make changes in our policies at any given time. Notification of such changes will be posted on this page.
Where do you ship your items from and can I pick-up my order?
Currently we do not have a location for pickup for our products. Our products ship from one of three of our warehouses located in Mason, Ohio, Brooklyn, New York, and Chicago, Illinois.
How do I place an order?
Do you ship internationally?
We do ship our products internationally. If you would like to have your product shipped internationally you may contact us before or after your purchase to get the final shipping quote to your destination.